Head Of Operations – Melbourne
Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Billy passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live with some of the world’s leading health insurers, as well as with aged care providers in Australia and the US. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne, and closed our series-A funding round in July 2018.
We are looking for:
We are seeking an amazing Head of Operations who can design and implement the operational backbone necessary to scale our business, customer base and logistics over the coming years.
You are likely someone that thrives on turning orchestrated chaos into seamless operation, solving complex logisitical challenges and implementing lasting, scaleable solutions. You probably have a nerdy passion for the detail and a fascination with get things finished. You’ll couple this with the empathy and attitude necessary to work directly with older adults, as they and their families seek to better use technology to support an independent lifestyle. Finally, you are probably someone who draws deep inspiration from leading a team of specialists as they execute on your collective operational masterplan.
This is a pivotal role that goes to the heart of what Billy is about, and as such we anticipate that you would have a personal passion for changing the way in which older adults live.
Billy is changing the way that technology empowers older people, their families and their carers, and we are seeking a talented individual to deliver the operations necessary to support us putting Billy in as many hands as possible.
Use your skills to:
- Lead Billy’s operational transition from start-up to scaling business
- Put in place processes and operations that can support the Billy as we grow to 000s of units across two geographies
- Constantly assess and iterate on our installation and client management processes as we seek to make it the best possible experience for our customers
- Oversee our customer service capability, delivering an experience that embodies our senior-first values
- Lead our in-home installation efforts through a small team of dedicated installers, and lead the transition of this process to be consumer self-directed over the coming 9mths
- As a member of the leadership team, play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our business, and being a key part of an energetic, collaborative and highly motivated team
This role would be well suited to those with:
- 10+ years experience in an operationally complex environment
- Demonstrable experience leading complex operational projects and delivering zero-defect outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, including an intrinsically empathetic nature
- Passion for technology, and its deployment in healthcare
And definitely get in touch if you have experience with
- Awesome project management tools you can’t wait to share with others
- Social and or Aged Care work experience or qualifications
We are a small team based in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor. This role will be based in Melbourne.