UX Design Lead – Melbourne
Billy is using technology to reimagine the way in which care is provided to older adults. We make products that make it easier for older adults to live independently, in their own homes, for longer. We have a growing team who share a commitment to changing the way that care is provided in Australia, and around the world (www.billycare.com).
Our first product is a monitoring kit that captures thousands of data points on the day-to-day activities of an aged adult, through a series of sensors that we install around the home. We process this data to provide actionable insights for both family members, and professional carers. Billy passively tracks the taking of medication, eating of meals, getting in and out of bed, as well as general movement and ambient conditions around the home.
We have our product live with some of the world’s leading health insurers, as well as with aged care providers in Australia and the US. We are proud to be managing the largest trial of in-home aged care technology anywhere in the world from our office in Melbourne, and closed our series-A funding round in July 2018.
We are looking for:
Billy is seeking a UX Designer to translate the underlying needs of our customers into inspirational, functional design. You are likely someone with the capacity to effectively communicate powerful ideas through design, and love collaborating with the product team to help us build a world-class set of consumer facing products in this challenging space.
The role is responsible for leading and creating detailed user experience design sets, and providing interaction direction from definition to specification.
Use your skills to:
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams – advocating for the best design for our customers
- Lead, define, and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools to describe intent. This includes: sketches, workflows, wireframes, interaction specifications
- Interpret customer needs into effective and thoughtful design solutions
- Create user-centered designs by considering site analytics, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Design solutions that meet measurable business objectives
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation into an energetic and collaborative team
- End-to-end ownership of the Billy product and experience, including all the assets and collateral that support that experience
This role would be well suited to those:
- 7+ years of information architecture, interaction, and/or interface design experience
- Proven experience leading design-thinking and user-centered design practices across multiple functional disciplines
- A portfolio which demonstrates problem solving in the various phases of user-centered design
- Excellent communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
- Proficient in latest design tools (InDesign and Illustrator or OminGraffle)
- Degree in Design-related field (MA in Interaction Design or HCI preferred)
And definitely get in touch if you have experience with:
- Want to own the design direction for a well-funded start-up solving unique challenges in experience design
- Have a passion for social change, and/or seniors
We are a small team globally based in Melbourne, with offices in Sydney and Ann Arbor. This role will be based with our growing team in Melbourne.